Tuesday, January 18, 2011

SLOTH!

This is a sloth. image from here
There is no good reason why it has taken this long for me to post since Ellie was born. I can come up with a whole lot of mediocre reasons however...

  • Ellie got a cold, and wanted to be held ALL the time..
  • with a baby in your lap there is no room for a laptop
  • Scarlett has become a big fan of playing nickjr.com and sproutonline.com on my old laptop, occupying the desk with a laptop on it.
  • this is a baby bush baby. image from here
  • Typing a blog post with just one hand seems FAR too difficult for a sloth like me. 


Sometimes I think Ellie looks like a bush baby, especially when she was really small because she was all eyes.

Money is still sparce but not for lack of trying. I keep thinking maybe I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully it is sooner rather than later. Ellie has become super fun, smiling and cooing at me. She spends more time awake now. I am so grateful for her swing and bouncer. I'm truly not sure how moms did it back in the day without all the gadgets!

Eloise is feeling better now, still has some boogies, but is much less needy. Scarlett is still doing great with the baby. She is pretty patient about sharing my time and attention with the baby, and I do my best to give her special attention too.

I pretty much post new pictures of Eloise and Scarlett on Facebook daily, so if you haven't friended me on there, you should do so. Eloise is growing so fast, she was 10lbs 5 oz at her last doc appointment last week, and is 75th percentile for height and 25th for weight, or as the doctor said, "tall and skinny". Sometimes we call her "tall and skinny" now as a joke :)

Scarlett's favorite food to eat at home is definitely Spaghetti... which makes her a girl after my own heart. That was always my favorite food growing up, too. Spaghetti is still her Dad's favorite food, so that works well for our family. It's also nice that it's such a cheap meal.

I have really gotten into watching the show "The Talk" daily at 1pm. I think I enjoy it so much because it really isn't political. It's more like mom talk.... which is what I do all day--mom. I love Julie Chen from Big Brother, Leah Remini from back in Saved by the Bell summer days, Sara Gilbert (good old Darlene from Roseanne), and of course Sharon Osborne is just hilarious (I also love her hair). Holly Robinson Peete is cool too, as she has an autistic son, so I like to hear her perspective on how it is to handle being a special needs parent. Also they are all in committed relationships so it is funny to hear them talk about those dynamics.

The Bachelor has not been keeping my interest nearly as much as usual. Maybe my Husband has jaded me on the show. He tells me that the producers decide which people he picks and he doesnt make the decision himself... which I refuse to believe... but when he keeps freak show people around on it, it makes me think perhaps he's right. :(

Hopefully this means I am back in blog land... I will try to get back into the swing of reading and commenting on others blogs, and hope I haven't gotten the boot from others blogs due to my absence.

4 comments:

Allyson & Jere said...

Well, welcome back.
No worries, it takes awhile to get the hang of things.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Everyone with a newborn deserves time off from blogging. Eloise is cute, funny big eye image.

Sarah S. Foote said...

You are so not a sloth!
Babies take so much time. That alone is a fabulous reason. You can always catch us up, but you get never get your newborn back. They grow way too fast.
Love you. I have strep throat so, I'm thinking today is not a good day to hang out.
We'll call you soon to set something up.

Xinaed said...

Just an FYI there are SOOO many ways to change up spaghetti so that it's still wonderfully delicious, but it NEVER gets old. :) Don't worry about recipes either, just throw stuff in that you like, and maybe change the meat up too. Peppers, any variety work well. So does chicken instead of ground beef, or ground turkey. Or even ground chicken! Lol. I love bisgetti.