Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Brownies and Balloons


Upon Reflection, I have come to the conclusion that most moms think their children are brilliant. I am no exception.  My daughter, Scarlett, is a genius. Okay so maybe that is a bit strong, but she definitely is a smart cookie!

(Editors Note: Please be not appalled by the chocolate on my daughter's face, as she discovered today, that she LOVES the brownies at Chick-fil-a, thanks to the nice lady who gave her a "sample")
Here is a story from today to illustrate my point. At chick-fil-a, like always, they gave us a balloon. We decided to spend some time on their patio today, and my Scarlett noticed that THIS:

which, is the valve on the bottom of the balloon (that allows them to fill  it with air without having to remove the plug, and comes pre-wound with the string and everything so they dont have to spend so much time airing up balloons) Happens to be the same size in diameter as these:
(holes in the table)
Look, at the great wonder in here eyes, and sense of accomplishment, as she has put the balloon valve into the hole!
BUT----- It gets better! SO she then realized that the toothpick that held aforementioned brownie, when poked into the hole made the air escape the balloon! Doesn't she look a little bit like a brainy rocket scientist here? I thought so.....

Of course, with childhood comes the innocence and true joy even in perhaps less thought provoking behavior, like hiding under the table on all fours like a puppy.

(but no less, adorable.)
All for now. Hope you have enjoyed the day from my view. :) 
Photobucket

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw so cute!! Love it. :)

Bravo Bentley said...

love love love this and p.s. your hair looks amaziiiinnggg

Photography By Jo said...

So cute! How old is she? I love when they start discovering random things. :D

✩Molly✩ said...

She'll be 3 in December.

Joe said...

You can claim the genius genes, it's mine that make her crawl on the floor like a puppy.

babyhellfire said...

AWW! Little investigator !
I love that stuff.
Love the last pic of your hair- the color is great :)

April JoAnne said...

how precious! And your hair looks soo awesome

RatalieNose said...

No exaggeration there, I doubt I could figure that out and I'm 16.
Wow she is absoloutely adorable!

Matthew said...

I can't think of a better way to learn the laws of Physics! this is really Sarah

✩Molly✩ said...

really? sarah is talking about physics? *scratches head in thought*

Sarah S. Foote said...

Maybe using Matty's account rubbed off on me unconsciously I was forced to think like him.