Saturday, October 10, 2009

Double Double, Toil and Trouble, Fire burn and Cauldron Bubble...

So, considering the question by RatalieNose,  gives me a lot of experiences to reference and yet, am not sure which to share.


(image from http://whatsontv.co.uk) 


---Finding this image made me realize, that perhaps I loved this movie "About a boy" so much because I could relate to that awkward kid so well!---


Date Stories... I suppose we would have to say honestly, I was more of an "I have a boyfriend" kind of gal. I liked to find someone to call my boyfriend, and try to spend every waking moment talking to and thinking about this person. This started, in oh, PreSchool. Peggy Richardson's preschool, behind my house.... first crush, who i dreamed would be my boyfriend, Jarem Hallows. Even Sister Richardson knew I had a big crush and gave me a photo of him to keep. One time I remember even asking him "out" to join us for a family night to the Dollar movies. His parents allowed him to come, and I was on CLOUD NINE. He attended my birthday party when I turned 5. The End.


(image from http://www.wwrsd.org)
Next "boyfriend"- Second grade. Keaton Stoops. Confession- I still look for him on Facebook, at least every other month. No such luck, as of yet. As I was writing this, I then tried to look again online for him... I'm a dork, I know. It is not that I would want to really pursue anything, I'm just curious, how he grew up, turned out/what he did with his life, ya know? He was my first peck on the mouth kiss. :) He could do the splits, I remember thinking that was cool.... hahaha... silly I guess. One time my parents let me go see a movie with him and his family. We went and saw Jurrasic Park, I thought it was so scary, we shared a seat :)

I had several "unserious" boyfriends in elementary school. Brad Clark, was one of the more "serious" of the "unserious" LOL. He peck kissed me at the end of the double feature at the Dollar theatre at Tri City mall. I think Garrett Stokum, and Michael Rolland were there at the movies with us... awww memories. I really thought he was the cats meow... I don't even remember how we broke up..... but I remember being really mad at him at my 12th birthday party, so maybe he broke up with me.....


Haha. One old friend from 6th grade, in retrospect, told me I was the first girl in the 6th grade to get boobs. It startled me to be told this, as it never really occurred to me, that I was one of the few and proud. Perhaps that is why I had so many "boyfriends" at such a young age. I have always been boy-crazy. The great thing about being married, is that you can remain boy-crazy about your husband, and he doesn't mind, at all. You also don't have to deal with all that "Does he like me-does he not like me" Drama. You couldn't pay me to go back to those days..... (image from http://www.choochooco.com)

I suppose that is all for now. I wish I had all of my childhood pictures scanned into the computer, so that this could be full of reminiscent photos of this awkward time in my life... but alas, no.

Unfortunately, my history of dating, does not end here.... well, perhaps that is fortunate, since we all know this story ends with finding my true love, getting married and having a Scarlett Paige. There will probably be at least 2 more posts to roughly cover this history. :)


Photobucket

9 comments:

Xinaed said...

Tri City Mall :D So many memories!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

I didn't even know these stories. Fun.

Sarah S. Foote said...

Gotta agree with you. I Love About a Boy. I think I saw it 5 times in the theaters.
I miss Tri-City Mall and the fun of crushes. I can still remember my 1st crush. J and I use to make love letters and put them in front of their houses.

Anonymous said...

Aw cute! I loved reading all your little dating stories. :)

Anonymous said...

Aw cute! I loved reading all your little dating stories. :)

RatalieNose said...

Oh my goodness!!!!
This is FABULOUS!!!
Sorry it took me so long I've been out of town all week.
So I definately LOVE Jarem Hallows, SO FUNNY that you were in love with him!!!
Yes I definately one of the few girls in elementary who was blessed with the ta tas. Except I think mine scared the boys away....

Joe said...

I was in love with three girls in my life, who I was not supposed to date officially nor unofficially, and when I could date them, found out girls are nasty creepy things, got my heart broken by breaking the heart of one of the three girls and gave up on women.

Next phase: met you, took a chance and never looked back. The end.

Oh, and I love your Ta ta's. The year that you got boobs would have been 1996, right? That year, I had my first date with a girl I liked but mostly because she didn't intimidate me like other girls did. She was 2 years older than me, had very small boobs, wasn't allowed to wear deodorant, if I remember correctly and absolutely LOVED me. But I was "I'm-going-to-kill-myself-over-her" in love with one of the three, still, so...

The moral of the story is: stability is a good thing and we all take a winding road to find it so that we ideally are experienced in CRAZY by the time we propagate the species, so that we can tell our children "I know it seems hard, now. But this will all pass..." in a condescending tone.

The Allen's said...

Hahaha I had all of those boys faces going through my mind as you listed them off. I miss elementry school sometimes. Remember when you me an Tina signed ourselves out of school to walk to our house for lunch and definitely did not return on time? Mrs. Ferguson was not happy. Good memories.

Mom of 3 boys said...

I love reading your blog..it has been a long time since I have been on here...sorry...as you know via facebook life has been a little crazy....I will try to keep up with my blog a little better...

this blog was fun to read....I needed that...