Friday, May 21, 2010

The OB appointment.

So I am sure, with all due patience, you have waited around almost a week for me to post about my appointment on Monday. So here goes.

Word of advice number 1- Do not wait 4 years between paps. I dunno if it just gives you too much time to close back up, or if you just forget the pain that can be associated with this experience! I mean, come on, there has to be a better way to do this than the use of an instrument such as this... metaphorically... a car jack for the most private of areas! Okay I know that was far too much graphic information, but those were my thoughts as I endured the experience. (image from here)


I heard the baby's heart beat... which was great. If you have never experienced it, go to this link... It sounded just like this lady's baby... and she you tubed it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mytqlI6ZkCE

(image from here)

I expressed my concern that there might be more than one baby in there, but she said that my uterus measures exactly right for 4 mos (16 weeks is it were) and that she would be shocked if there were more than one baby in there. In 3 Mondays from now, they are going to do an ultrasound and we will know what we are having.

They also sent me to do a bunch of blood-work.  (image from here) Haven't heard back on how that went yet, but they said the result of the pap was normal. I am now 38lbs down from where i was 6 mos ago... which is kind of nice.. Scooby weighs 38 pounds so its kind of like I lost a Scooby from my body, which when I think about it that way, makes me really glad that weight is gone, because she is HEAVY! Doctors are never really worried about weight loss in obese people, I suppose because we have plenty to spare, and the baby takes what it needs. Still doing good taking the prenatal vitamins.

For those of you who have wanted the contact information for my Acupuncturist, her name is Susan Williams and the phone number is: 602-321-2510.

Things are going ok for us. None of us are sick. I still have a little bit of a sniffly nose and am tired all the time, but other than that, I'm ok. Scarlett has an occasional stir of allergies, but is otherwise very healthy. Joe is working hard to try and make enough money for us to get by, and I love him so much. He really seems excited about the baby too, I love it when he talks to my tummy, and I feel little baby move around inside to the sound of his voice. I am so grateful for our AHCCCS benefits so that I am not constantly worrying about how we will pay to go to a doctor, or have the baby.

Ok so I thought I'd do something fun and put a poll on this post. Do you think I am having a boy or a girl? At least there isn't too long from now to wait and find out... I will vote too! I'll put it on the sidebar. :)

(image from here)

Thanks for reading, and I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!



Photobucket

2 comments:

Allyson & Jere said...

Hooray for good visits. Boo for paps that hurt, sorry bout that. Hooray for heartbeats and especially for AHCCCS! Seriously, such a HUGE relief to have that.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Great post. Enjoyed all the graphics, minus the car jack mental picture.

Hard to make a solid guess on what you will have. If Joe's brother had some kids that would come in really handy with my theorizing. I am going to hope you have a girl, because if you have 2 girls they will enjoy so much of the same things, plus shouldn't every girl get a sister?