Tuesday, June 9, 2009

settling back in

They always say that it is time to come home when you almost forget how much you love it there. I have definitely been reminded of my enjoyment for beautiful California, in the few days I have been back so far.

The weather has been beautiful today. We went to pick up lunch and run by the grocery store, and even spend some time sitting on a bench outside the grocery store finishing our lunch, and Scarlett and I were truly content just sitting there doing pretty much nothing. For some reason, her pure contentment only seems to come once she has removed her shoes. She prefers to be shoeless the majority of the time.... which at least the ground is cool and not scorching here... And the seat belts don't burn your backside.

My husband really missed me too, and I have enjoyed having more of his loving attention, even if he still has to work more than I might like. Apparently his work doesnt seem to think you are "working hard" unless you put in a 12 hour day every day, and put in hours on the weekends too. I think its really "slavery" disguised as "working for yourself". BS in my opinion, but its a good thing his boss lady and I never meet face to face anymore.

He has taken his larger editing equipment down to the office, so I have my table and "office" area back, which is nice. Scarlett likes having another place to sit down next to me. I am enjoying spending less time sitting at the bar stools in the kitchen. (pub height chairs were just not made for extended sitting, especially by a bottom of my size)

I also wanted to send a shout-out to my newly found online friend, Daisy of DaisyGraydesign.blogspot.com. She modified a few of her backgrounds to work with my minima stretch background, and I love it :) She is awesome, you should check out her site and see if you might want to use any of her backgrounds (not to mention you are less likely to have 5 friends with the same background like on the cutest blog on the block)

I was glad to be able to spend time with so many loved ones while I was in town, and hope to catch the rest of you next time we come, which may not be for another 6 months..

Photobucket

3 comments:

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Seriously, there is no place like home!!! One cannot truly relax until they are home again.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are happily back at home, and also glad that so far Scarlett is more on the real world sleep schedule. With Summer coming on you could be the one getting visits over the next several months. Just gotta wait and see...Love you, Mom

Sarah S. Foote said...

Found a winner on Daisy Grey. Thanks for the info. Love you!