Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thanksgiving dinner.

Layouts & More @ ColorArmy.Com

Yesterday we had Thanksgiving Dinner at my parents' house. They are leaving for Mexico to be gone on the actual Thanksgiving, so my Mom decided to still have the meal, just early. I am not sure what our plans for actual turkey day will be. I am hoping maybe we can get together with his sister or something, spend more time with family.

This morning, Joe was nice enough to get up with the baby at 8 and then put her down for her morning nap, and now he is off to go pick us up some breakfast. Then we are going to watch Alpha Dogs on DVD. We haven't seen it yet. Last night at one of those Hollywood Video kiosks they were selling Previously viewed DVD's for super cheap. We got a movie for a friend of Joe's for $4, and a couple other movies all at great prices. We also got Music and Lyrics. I am excited to watch that one again. I really liked it.

I am ready to start decorating for Christmas. This year EVEN EARLIER than last. Last year we bought a real tree (10 feet tall) on the 5th of December, and by Christmas, it was DEAD. I had never had a real tree before in my life, so I certainly didn't know how to take care of it, or how much I had to water it. Joe already wants to buy a fake tree for this year, but I don't. I think maybe we'll get a slightly smaller tree, but I would still like Scarlett to be able to experience real trees in her life, plus I LOVE the smell. Last year, every day I felt like I was waking up in a forest of Pine trees. I loved it.

I think I'll get up and do a quick pick up before Joe gets back from bringing breakfast. All my love, to you my blog readers.

Layouts & More @ ColorArmy.Com

1 comment:

Mystiqeye said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

Also, having a fake tree has advantages that you probably don't realize. Like you can put it up now and it will last till next year if you want it to (my ex-mom in law has hers up year round)and you can buy spray that you put on to the tree when you first put it up and it will smell like a real tree. Those are just a few of the pros. The biggest con........having to store it after Christmas. lol