Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Rest in peace, swarm of bumble bees.

I went for a walk to our complex dumpster the other day, to find amongst some thrown away furniture a chest of drawers with a trunk-like motif. It looked promising, so after realizing that I was not capable of retrieving it by myself, I told Joe about it when he woke up from his nap. He agreed to put on his shoes and look at it with me. We decided to pull it out of the dumpster and opened the top drawer to find it homing at least 100 dead bees, and a small remnant of honeycomb. We decided that we could probably clean it out well enough to still be able to use it for something. I swept out all the dead little bees, and felt sad for their shortened life. After a good scrubbing, I decided that it still wasn't going to be clean enough to house my clothing, but that perhaps it could be used in Joe's office to hold cords, or files or something. My guess is the previous owner left the dresser outside, and the bees decided it would be a safe house for their nest... needless to say they were mistaken.

Rest in peace, little bees.

1 comment:

Hot Diggity Daws said...

I want to see a picture of the Chest, I do like the Bee image tho!!